This report summarises the findings of the European Education and Training Expert Panel and the discussions at the 2019 Forum on the Future of Learning. The Expert Panel – composed of 18 international experts – was convened by the European Commission in order to make a strategic contribution to the Commission’s work on preparing a successor to the current strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training (ET 2020). The Panel was asked to focus on six thematic blocks:
- demographic challenges,
- inclusion and citizenship,
- technological change and the future of work,
- digitalisation of society,
- environmental challenges,
- investment, reforms and governance.
For each block, the Expert Panel was invited to address the following scoping questions:
- What are the major societal developments that will have an impact on how education and training are delivered in Europe in the medium- to long-term?
- How can EU cooperation best respond to these challenges?
- What should the strategic objectives of European cooperation in education and training be for the next decade?
- Which should be the priority areas and themes?